Cheap Beats? Unboxing the new $129 USD Beats EP.
MORE IMPRESSIONS BELOW!
● Support this channel! http://www.patreon.com/lachlanlikesathing
● Click the Like button and subscribe for new videos!
So far, after an hour of listening and comparing to the Solo 2, I can say that for about half the price, the EP actually sounds very similar to the Solo 2. It has maybe a bit more bass, and is slightly less clear in the high frequency details than the Solo 2. But it still has the same basic profile: big, rich but controlled bass, vibrant mids and chesty vocals, not particularly detailed in high frequencies and compressed in the soundstage. But at the end of the day it’s a fun and enjoyable sound. I think the EP sounds a lot better than some other cheaper on-ears that I have heard.
The main differences with the Solo 2 seem to be more in the design. The EP
1) Doesn’t fold up
2) Has a flimsy and non-detachable flat cable compared to the nice, chunky and detachable cable on the Solo 2.
3) Has a sliding headband that uses friction rather than clicking into adjustment points
4) Slightly less clamping force, meaning its more comfortable than the Solo 2 while remaining stable on the head
Apart from these differences, it is a otherwise well designed and well finished headphone. It looks to be a decent choice for a bassy headphone under $150.