This large GPS follow me camera drone has very good features and performance for its price level. Find it here https://goo.gl/V6FPyj
– GPS/GLONASS system. Fast and accurate satellite lockon.
– Accurate return to home and landing, GPS position hold, altitude hold, automatic takeoff and landing, and follow me mode.
– Surprisingly good FPV and control distance, even though its app uses 2.4Ghz FPV.
– Quadcopter and controller are well made for the price.
– Controller has a built-in rechargeable battery. Both the controller and the drone’s battery are charged via a micro USB charging (same as for most phones).
– 720p HD camera with remote controlled gimbal. Camera records video directly to a microSD card installed in the camera.
– In flight FPV video is viewed via its SJ-GPS app available on Play here https://goo.gl/MMb4Wi and iTunes here https://goo.gl/KpXT3z Telemetry information of distance, height, and altitude is also provided.
– It’s a brushed motor drone. But it uses very common, cheap, and easy to replace plug-in Syma X8C motors.
– It has default beginner’s geofence set to 30 meters. But the geofence can easily be increased as demonstrated in the video.
– Battery is proprietary. Spares will be hard to acquire as this is a newly released drone. But I got a feeling that this drone is going to be popular based on its performance and price. Spare batteries should be hitting the market in the near future.
– Follow me uses your phone’s GPS position as the point to be followed. I noticed some toilet bowl effect when using follow me while the drone was close to me. This was likely caused by innacuracy of my phone’s GPS as the TBE disappeared as soon as I switched back to position hold. TBE during follow me can be reduced by increasing distance between the phone and the drone.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.