This advanced quadcopter includes extra precise positioning, three axis stabilized gimbal, and long range FPV viewable through your smartphone device. Find it here http://shrsl.com/?~d8p7
– Very modular design. Easily foldable & stowable.
– 3 Axis easy snap-in gimbal with tilt control
– Camera 1080p 60fps or 4K
– Long range (1K/2K) 2.4 Ghz control and FPV achieved via printed circuit board (PCB) antennas.
– Extra precise GPS + GLONASS + Visual Positioning
– Automatic return to home/landing on loss of signal or low battery, or manual return to landing at push of a switch.
– Automatic takeoff and landing
– Orientation Lighting
– Large Battery 17.4V 5100mah. Gives up to 27 minutes flight time
“Mi UAV” App Features
– Compass and controller calibration
– Satellite and quadcopter status monitoring
– 720p FPV
– Three automatic flight modes: Fly to Point, Waypoint Route, Circle Point
– Real time position tracking
– Excessive flight restrictions. Can not fly further than 50m altitude or 100m horizontal range until the quadcopter has achieved 5 hours (300 minutes) of cumulative flight time. Additionally, the quadcopter will not proceed beyond hover if flown in restricted areas.
– Official Xiaomi “Mi UAV” app is in Chinese. It’s somewhat impossible to use unless you know Chinese. There is a non official translated version in English, however it is an older version of the app.
– The English translated version of the app kept crashing on me. First would lose FPV view, then would lose app connection with quadcopter (although I still maintained manual GPS position hold flying). However, people are not having much better luck with the official version either http://en.miui.com/thread-308024-1-1.html
– Smartphones (like mine) can be very hard to see outdoors in daylight. Might be a good idea if Xiaomi included an AV output port for goggles.
and here are current links to the Mi UAV app
iTunes link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xiao-mi-wu-ren-ji/id1112378744
Official Chinese Android (not Play) version http://app.xiaomi.com/detail/389936
Unofficial English Android version (also not Play) http://en.miui.com/thread-306455-1-1.html
HD CAM: Equipped with HD 1080P camera supports max to 1920 x 1080p / 60fps video recording.
Real-time Transmission: The built-in phone holder of the transmitter facilitates WiFi FPV function. Also the max to 3km superior long control distance ensures the good performance.
Pointing Flight / Tap to Fly: Order your quadcopter to where you pointed in the map.
Surrounded Flight: Pick what you wanna record or photography 360 degrees and let your Mi Drone surround it.
Route Planning: Plan and preset your flight line and get yourself a more smooth / high quality work of art.
3 Axis Gimbal: Stable and accurate photography / recording guarantee.
Other Functions: One key automatic taking off / return / landing, real-time electric quantity monitoring and low-voltage return warning.
High anti-interference performance and powerful signal.
Features: 360 Degree Surround
Motor Type: Brushless Motor
Functions: Camera,Forward/backward,FPV,Hover,Low-voltage Protection,One Key Automatic Return,One Key Landing,One Key Taking Off,Tap to Fly,Turn left/right,Up/down,Waypoints
Built-in Gyro: 6 Axis Gyro
Material: Carbon Fiber,Electronic Components,PC
Kit Types: RTF
Level: Advanced Level
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Control Distance: Above 800m
Detailed Control Distance: About 3000m
Model Power: Built-in rechargeable battery
Battery: 17.4V 5100mAh
Flying Time: About 27mins
Charging Time (h): About 3.5
Video Resolution: 1080P
Package Contents: 1 x Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x Camera, 1 x Charger, 1 x Chinese Manual
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.