This upgrade to the popular Syma X8G includes altitude hold to enable easy stable flying for aerial video. I know it’s been out a while, but I just got a chance to try it. Find it here http://goo.gl/kc1qo9
– Nice candy apple red finish.
– Altitude hold feature works very well, and greatly eases flying of the quadcopter.
– Relatively good video from included remote controlled 1080p camera. Camera resolutions include 1080p @ 30fps, and 720p @ 60fps.
– Camera can be removed and replaced with a GoPro camera.
– Uses the same widely available and inexpensive parts/batteries of the Syma X8 series quadcopters.
– Reduced range as compared to the original X8G model (about 100 meters vs. about 300 meters of original X8G).
– One of the motor shutdown procedures can possibly result in the accidental shutdown of the motors in-flight if not careful.
– Some jello noted in aerial video when flown stock out of the box. Props may need minor balancing to reduce the jello.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.